One could spend the rest of their life (starting when they are born) reading information related to aging. Let's face it, there are millions of articles, websites and snippets of great information! We can't read everything to figure out which ones are the best, but we have put links here that we think provide useful, interesting, and important information. We will do our best to provide new information on a regular basis, so check back often!
Recent aging-related articles featuring UI faculty or staff
- World Canvass Decodes Language of the Brain (with commentary by Bernd Fritzsch)
- Smartphones Give Iowa Researchers Hope for Hearing Loss
- AMBI website for information about research being done at the University of Iowa by the AMBI (Aging Mind and Brain Initiative) faculty.
- Medical Web Radio - audio reports on various medical issues and news updates.
- Neural Cell Newsletter - a newsletter covering the most current neuroscience research articles and news updates. Subscribe or reach online.
Neurology and Neurological Disorders
- Plasma phospholipids identify antecedent memory impairment in older adults
- Loss of smell as a predictor of mortality
- Plasticity of the aging brain: New directions in cognitive neuroscience Science-2014-Gutchess-579-82.pdf
General Aging Articles
- The Scientific Quest for Lasting Youth: Prospects for Curing AgingLasting Youth_Rej Res.pdf
- Lasting Youth_Rej Res.pdfScience-2014-Underwood-568-71.pdf
- The Aging Brain Science-2014-Stern-566-7.pdf
- Human Cognitive Aging: Corriger la fortune? Science-2014-Lindenberger-572-8.pdf
Statistics - Learn about the aging population not just here in Iowa, but across the world--and what some of the experts are saying about it!
- The Advantages of Demographic Change after the Wave: Fewer and Older, but Healthier, Greener, and More Productive?
- Cause-Specific Mortality_Lancet 2014.pdf
Other Centers Devoted to Aging